Tuesday 4 October 2011

Children's Poem - HOW I BECAME THE SEA

How did I become the sea, you ask?

It really was a simple task.

I dug and dug and dug real deep,

Deep into the sandy heap.

At the bottom there was a great surprise,

I couldn't believe my very own eyes!

Because in the ground there lay a moon-beam,

I could have swore it was a dream.

But when I touched the warm, safe light,

Something happened and I squeezed my eyes tight.

The white waves crashed in,

They changed the colour of my skin.

The water sucked me in and I nearly drowned,

And that's when I heard a sound.

It all was quite a mystery,

but that is how I became the sea.

1 comment:

  1. A good start - I would take another edit through, saying it aloud, and try to find lines where you have too many syllables, or awkward syllable counts, and that would be a key improvement.

    ReplyDelete